BEHAVIORAL ECONOMICS IN ENGLISH (EC EN)
The Master Program in Behavioral Economics, offered by the Faculty of Administration and Business together with the Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences from the University of Bucharest, aims to help prepare specialists in the areas of decision processes and strategic interaction. In order to achieve this purpose, we use an approach which integrates the different mechanisms governing economic behavior.
The program is intended for people who wish to develop their skills in areas such as management, interdisciplinary analysis of economic and social phenomena or consulting, be it at an individual or organizational level.
The program’s objectives can be summed up as follows:
- To form a group of specialists which have a complex and interdisciplinary training in the area of business administration;
- To develop scientific and consulting activities, in relation to the business environment, in line with the perspective and methods found in behavioral economics;
- To enhance economic education at the university level, by creating an advanced research and teaching platform in the emerging domain of behavioral economics (while integrating resources and knowledge from other interdisciplinary domains);
- To assist the faculty by supporting life-long learning on focused topics, both at the individual level as well as through participation in research projects (financed at the national or EU level);
- To cooperate with other universities, from the country or from abroad, in order to develop a modern and efficient education system.
Moving beyond the standard practical competencies covered by the program, we also aspire to involve the master’s students in relevant interdisciplinary research activities.
The program is taught in English, so as to facilitate the involvement of specialists from the international community and to ensure that the knowledge is at the cutting edge of new discoveries in this area of study.